Thursday, December 29, 2005

"Untitled Painting" - now called "Chaos amidst Serenity"


I haven't painted in almost 5 years (since highschool); painting this XMAS break was awesome. I got a chance to flex the left (or is it right?) side of the brain, instead of other. I much prefer oil painting to watercolour (though watercolor is good for it's own type of effect). Watercolor just frustrates me because it likes to do it's own thing, and it's tough to build up darks/constrast. To each their own ;)

I'm still trying to think of a name for the painting... I basically took about 6 different landscapes / computer generated landscapes I found on the web over the years, photoshoped them together into a semi-coherent kinda pseudo-realism style.

Any suggestions?

The painting looks a bit faded/skewed because of my lack of photography skills. :)

**** EDIT*****

My good friend Jay thought it looked like the dude was going to jump off the cliff; thus an appropriate title would be "suicide".

***** EDIT 2 *****
My friend John exclaimed when he saw the painting "Matt, it's just too busy". I replied, "that's the point". A lot of clashing imagery, yet many taken from relatively non-busy landscapes. Hence, I title the painting, "Chaos amidst Serenity".



2 Comments:

At 2:02 p.m., Blogger James said...

That's pretty cool. I can barely draw stick men anymore :)

 
At 4:15 p.m., Blogger Medieval said...

Stickmen can be cool. Remember Stick death (The flash animations?) . Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home