Friday, May 19, 2006

Florida!

Had a great time, overall, in Florida. Family trips can be a major pain, however, as everyone wants to do different things. 8 Parks in 9 days, we were exhausted! :)

At night, the resort area was amazing. 2 huge pools with waterfalls, 4 oversized hot tubs, and they even showed movies on a big screen one night. 80F+ at night, you can't go wrong. Forgot how much I love swimming. A great way to end the day.

We even got a chance to drive through the Smokey Mountains on the way there, and visited a beach (first time I've seen the ocean) on the Gulf of Mexico.

I can't say anymore that I'm the only one in my family not to have gone to Disneyworld ;)

Some hightlights:

Epcot -Fast Tracks, Soaring, and Mission Space! (heh. During the simulated liftoff I thought of the Simpsons, ofcourse, and I shouted the scene where Homer melds into Nixon; Joey and Roger found that quite entertaining)

MGM Studios- Rock'N'Roll with Aerosmith, the Great Movie Ride, Indian Jones Stunt Show, and the Stunt Race show were awesome!

Animal Kingdom- Dinosaur!, River Rapids, and the Safari were neat. Didn't get a chance to go on the Yeti rollercoaster, which looked cool, since we didn't know the park closed early at 5 that day.

Magic Kingdom- Fantasmic 3D, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thundermountain Roller Coaster, Junge cruise, and I even liked my Dad's favourite, "It's A Small World". The song stays in your head for days, though. ;)

Universal Studios- Back to Future (one of my favourite movies to boot), Return of the Mummy, Shrek 3D, Earthquake, Jaws, and Twister!

Islands of Adventure - Spiderman, Jurassic Park, and Poisedon's Fury.

Arabian Nights- Entertaining show, and unlimited free beer, how can you possibly go wrong?

Sea World - I liked Sea World, surprisingly. Perhaps because it was mostly sit down shows and no waiting lines ;)

Busch Gardens- The biggest wooden rollercoaster (or so they claim) . Heh, felt like you were going to fall off sometimes with all that rattling. The animals were great too. Me and Dani didn't go on the big loopy rollercoasters here, but we did almost get soaked near the Sheikra ride (I liked how close you got the rides at this park.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home