Saturday, October 01, 2005

Utter laziness!




I was reading in the Windsor Star this morning about the newly completed pedestrian overpass for Assumption school . The city/school board spent an additional $400 K to get it completed quickly. Now students can cross the street safely without having to wait for the light to change.

Oh, so what is the student reaction presented in the paper? "Oh, we won't use it. It will take way too long to climb the steps. I can't take over 5 minutes extra for my lunch to climb those stairs."

What???

For the love of God, I can be quite lazy myself. This goes too far. It takes 5 minutes! to climb maybe 15 ft of stairs? And here I thought I was out of shape.

The funny thing is, months ago when they were first starting to build it, this was exactly the reaction Dani predicted, that the students wouldn't use it because they're too lazy. Here I gave the students of Assumption the benefit of the doubt ;) There's even talk of getting rid of the intersection entirely to force the students to use it.

1 Comments:

At 4:00 p.m., Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Or, alternatively, to force the students to play frogger and get hit by unsuspecting motorists....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home