Saturday, August 05, 2006

Israel and Hezbollah

I normally obstain from political perspectives, but the reaction to this recent conflict confuses me.

I've only been following the story mildly, but something I think most people are missing the point in the "wider" perspective (I understand civilians are dying.) In a conflict, you have to continue until your goal is met, else the conflict was a waste. Israel is pushing to destroy/disarm the Hezbollah; you can't exactly eliminate a terrorist organization without consistent military action.

It's also funny how Israel is getting international flack-- one reason is because they are using their own armies. Yet Lebanon harbors known terrorists which attacked Israel, yet not as big of deal was made of that.

Of course, everyting is relative; who is the bad guy all depends on what side you are on. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home