Wednesday, June 21, 2006

American Talent?

I mean, the show's gotta be good: Regis is the host and Hasslehoff! is one of the judges.

So far, I've learned:

Hasslehoff is a homo (hardly a surprise.). He was the only one who wanted to see the "oldest male stripper in the world" continue after taking off his shirt.. thank god the other two judges hit his buzzer in time. Then he stared at the old guy's ass as he was walking out.. EEK.
This guy had 5 platinum selling European albums? Are people in Europe tone deaf or something? :)

The vantriliquist guy was amazing. During the "Godzilla" act, he was moving 2 different puppets, and moving his own lips while speaking out of sync like in the good ol' Japanese sci-fi flicks ;)

There was an 8 year old who was funnier than most of the comedians on the comedy station ;)

The "snapping fingers" professional almost made the act seem like a viable instrument.

Overall I was impressed. That's the thing: for a TV show, the first episode needs to be outstanding.

I also think I need to stop titling my posts with ?. I'm getting almost as bad a Stasso:

"Name 5 types of roof styles?"

2 Comments:

At 10:18 a.m., Blogger James said...

I've never watched the show...as evidenced on my blog a while back David Hasselhoff is trying to kill me :)

I just came to laugh at the Stasso remark....?


?

 
At 3:10 p.m., Blogger Zutroy said...

I walked by the TV and caught one act. That Russian acrobat dude had some highly impressive balance. The judges all agreed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home