Tuesday, October 03, 2006

To Wii or not to Wii

Ahh.. I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES (well, except for the 18 different alternate versions of Gameboy, and the Virtual Boy, remember that one? heh.)

The Wii comes out this November at $250 USD ($280 Cnd, atleast we aren't getting ripped off in conversion.) Damnit, those $0.99 US deals shouldn't be $1.59+ here, given the almost equivalency of the currency.

It's $50 USD more expensive than I and many others expected (although it is packaged with Wii sports, which is hardly a $50 game.) The controllers are expensive ($40+$20 nunchuck attachment), however, this isn't too bad compared to XBOX360's and probably PS3's insane controller pricing (charging $60 for a normal wireless controller shows MS is pricing like that just because they can). Afterall, the Wavebird is only about $40. Atleast Nintendo's new Wii controller has significant technology to justify the cost.

I'd wait to buy the system until more games are out (ie. the new Super Smash Bros, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3,etc) but the Zelda: Twighlight Princess comes out at launch, which is a must play for me. Of course, I could just buy that and play it on Gamecube.. hrmn. Decisions, decisions.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 p.m., Blogger Zutroy said...

I was going to buy my own, but apparently my new roommates are already planning on one, and there's no point in having two around.

Did I mention I'm moving?

 
At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Medieval said...

Yeah, most people I talk to at school says they are going to buy a Wii.

At $699 Cnd, the PS3 is the most expensive console I've ever heard of. It used to be console gaming was less expensive then PC gaming when the systems were <$300, but that is clearly no longer the case.

That's good, get out of your dad's place. I've quite enjoyed my freedom, I'm sure you will too. ;)

You staying in Windsor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home