Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What's wrong with the world today

After reading a map based history of the world, I've realized the one constant throughout human history is war. War for millions of different reasons, ending up mostly for land and power, and many times religion used as a tool for these.

Religious fundamentalism / extremism is again becoming, and has been, a major problem.

On the other side of the world, terrorist groups go relatively unchecked in many countries because this bullshit is allowed.

Of course, putting the hammer down on religion is a fine line between violating people's rights.

On this side of the world, Christian fundamentalists fuel the problem. They are essentially the reason Bush became and stayed president so damn long. Then again, another president may not have had the blind balls to try to get some "order" in the Middle East.

I bring this up because I'm starting to watch Jesus Camp. The beginning is pissing me off. "Let's be like the Muslims. Let's train our young people for Holy War. President Bush is a holy man". I would hope shit like this in never said in North America, but I bet it does get said.

The radio host in this film says people like this make him embarrassed to be a Christian. One of my friends at school is a Muslim, and he thinks the same way about extremists of his religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home