Sunday, December 09, 2007

Gov. Mitt Romney meets a medical marijuana patient

The policies of the US federal government are often strange grandfathered laws, policies made often based on personal political gains rather than to make a "better" society.

Anyhoo, I can't attest to marijuana's "healing" nature, besides the fact it does work well for stomach ache / nausea (after all, marijuana in some form is often prescribed to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.)

It seems to me a herb that you cannot overdose on (unlike almost every other legal medication, including alcohol and cigs.), logically, should not be classified in the same class as a hard narcotic. In most countries, including Canada, it isn't. In the US, however...

Then again, I guess that's just American culture thing, you could argue. Paranoia based on lies seems to go along very well with some logic. Perhaps if I was a religious person, and did things the bible and preacher told me to, I might see things differently.

To me, it seems most of the politicians there are very conservative, religious men, where religion/how they are brought up, is more important than what is actually correct (science.)

This guy is an example :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home