Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In Retrospect

Depression makes you appreciate the little things

When I was severely depressed, I wouldn't/couldn't seem to

- enjoy music
- use smilies on IRC, and in everything else. Annoying as it may be, that's me ;)
- feel like my "nothing can phase me" "Matt the goof" (as I coined it to my therapist.)
- enjoy a high
- etc etc

When I got over it and then got them mostly back, I developed a new appreciation of just that: the little things.

Life is all about enjoying all of the little things along the way.

On that note, I simply don't know how some people get by -- remaining severely depressed for years and years on end. When you get to the point that absolutely nothing makes sense or brings enjoyment (which I never got to, thankfully)- you're risk of "accidentally jumping off the cliff" rise exponentially.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home