Sunday, October 29, 2006

FireFox 2

Let's hope it's more stable then the previous builds (the previous builds, from my experience and many other users I talk to, had the problem with memory leaks and hogging all cpu resources.)

Anyway, good new features
+ auto red underline spell check in any web form (nice, since I suck at spelling now a days.)
+ Slightly better looking and functional interface
+ New links now open in new tabs, instead of new windows. (I like tabbed browsing.)


I'm sure I'll discover more. As usual, Firefox is way ahead of IE in terms of features.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the last two RC's of FF2 and I didn't run into any problems. I've been using the official FF2 release for about a week and I'm quite happy with it.

I didn't even notice that new links open in tabs now. I've gotten so used to clicking on links with the scroll wheel to get them to open in new tabs.

As far as memory usage, I don't really see any huge difference, I've only got one instance running with only this page open and it's taking 60MB, though I wonder sometimes if it's all the extensions that I've got loaded (sidebar, google bookmarks, adblock, forecastfox).

Either way, it's still far superior to IE (though I haven't used IE7 yet, which has apparently switched to tabbed browsing as well).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home